Wealthy Affiliate Review (2019) – Start Your Journey to Become a Successful Affiliate Marketer!
You’re looking for an honest, comprehensive, no-nonsense review of Wealthy Affiliate? You’ve come to the right place. I’ll show you exactly how Wealthy Affiliate can help you to become a successful affiliate marketer in 2019!
At the same time, I’ll not leave out any cons or negatives that I found with Wealthy Affiliate.
Whether you are a seasoned pro in the affiliate marketing industry or just starting out trying to make money online, we can always learn, grow and adapt to new changes. Let’s dive in!
What is Wealthy Affiliate?
Wealthy Affiliate teaches people how to make money online through affiliate marketing. It’s a hosting platform, training program and community – all in one.
The extensive training course is constantly developed and therefore represents a very professional, structured, highly successful and up to date internet marketing program.
Over the last 13 years the diverse community has rapidly grown to over 1.4 million members and is widely respected within the internet marketing industry as the go-to source for novice and experienced online marketers.
Fact sheet: Wealthy Affiliate
|Founder||Kyle Loudoun and Carson Lim|
|Price||Starter membership free,|
Premium $30/month (yearly)
|Type||Training Course, Platform/Cloud Hosting,|
Support, Tools, Community, Live Chat and
Mentorship (Bonus: Vegas Incentive)
|Recommended||Yes (Hell Yeah!)|
|Free trial||Online Business Dude Bonus Sign Up|
The Training Program
The core of the Wealthy Affiliate training program is the “Online Entrepreneur Certification” (OEC), a training consisting of 5 phases and 50 lessons in total.
This series of courses walks you through the process of creating and growing an online business within any niche you chose.
The structure of the Online Entrepreneur Certification:
- Getting Started
- These 10 lessons will give you an overview of how to make money online and walk you through the steps of creating a successful online business.
- Building Your Own Traffic Producing Website
- Traffic is the root of success, regardless of the nature of your online business. In this training you’ll learn how to effectively get traffic to your website. These 10 training lessons teach no cost traffic generation techniques that will allow you to capture highly relevant traffic. Again, this works in any niche.
- Making Money
- At this point you have a website, you have content, and you know how to get traffic. Now what? I’ts time to monetize the traffic. Once you start getting traffic, there are many ways in which you can earn revenue. This part of the training covers different ways you can earn money through your site.
- Mastering Social Engagement
- This part of the training covers all aspects of social. From social media, social marketing, and social networks – it’s all covered. Ultimately any success within the social world is the result of social engagement.
- Achieving Maximum Success Through Content Creation
- You already know that content is an integral part of the success of your website. This part of the training goes deep on all content related aspects of your business. Bing and Yahoo are also covered in this part. Extend your skills in everything from the initial research process, the content layout/architecture/structuring, creating high engagement through your content, effective techniques for boosting conversions, and scaling your content through proper goal setting and outsourcing.
Website Hosting Platform
Over the last couple of years I’ve tested and hosted several websites I own with a variety of hosting providers. If any big hosting company comes to your mind, I’ve very likely used it.
This hosting platform is second to none in terms of price, speed, availability, support and future outlook.
Especially when you consider that this hosting package is part of the platform, what you’ll get is incredible value for your money.
For the pros of you: Your websites will be hosted on the cX.large compute-optimized, cloud-based hosting by Amazon Web Services (AWS).
For anyone else: Just know that your website will be at least in the top 5% in all test-categories of hosting services. There’s really no need anymore to buy “external hosting”.
Keyword Research Tool
With Jaaxy you will have a powerful keyword research tool at your hand.
But way more important than this tool – and don’t get me wrong, it is a powerful tool – is the extensive training on how to perform efficient keyword research in 2019.
With the help of this tool and other, free tools and clever methods you will know exactly how to drive lots of traffic to your websites.
And traffic is the lifeblood of any form of online business, because now you have the attention of a potential customer. This is powerful!
Helpful, Caring Community
This might not sound like a big thing for you, but once you hit a roadblock, once you feel you’re not making any progress, once you need help regarding anything concerning your website: The community will help you.
Another aspect of this: The success stories and detailed reports of other Wealthy Affiliate members can be super inspiring and might be exactly what you need to stay motivated.
Live Chat and Responsive Support
You can find and reach out to me and other very helpful members of Wealthy Affiliate in the live chat.
A dedicated technical support team is also available.
With all these helpful resources at your hand, there’s really no reason or excuse anymore why you can’t make it big with affiliate marketing.
Live Video Training Classes (weekly)
Every week, there’s a new live training class. You can jump in and ask questions.
Advanced topics are covered here like other monetization strategies, ways to rank higher, write better and more helpful content, how to scale your business etc.
And the best part: Every live training class is recorded and archived. That means, you’ll have complete, unrestricted access to an unbelievable knowledge database.
Again, I could go through every topic ever covered here, but instead I want you to see and experience this for yourself. It’s really crazy how much value you can find in these archives alone.
This is the best part: There are no upsells, there’re just different payment options to the premium membership.
And with the free membership you can test out things for free.
I consider this the ideal environment to start your own online business.
Honestly, I could go into lengthy details here about how great the premium membership is and that you should upgrade immediately. And don’t get me wrong, the premium membership indeed is great and you get a ton of value for the price.
But instead, I want you to test out waters for free. There’s absolutely no reason to rush into the premium membership.
OK, there is actually ONE reason to go premium within the first 7 days: You’ll get your first month full premium membership for only $19, but 7 days are more than enough to see if you want to go premium with Wealthy Affiliate and your affiliate marketing online business.
FAQ & Concerns
Let me address a couple of your questions and common concerns here:
Why Should I Create an Account at Wealthy Affiliate?
Because it’s free to join and you’ll love it. And you’ll learn a ton of helpful stuff. It’s an excellent, structured training and a nice, helpful community. Did I mention it’s free?
Why Would Wealthy Affiliate Offer Something for Free?
Because the owners are convinced that this will benefit you tremendously. Of course they earn revenue when you upgrade to a premium membership later, but you’re by no means forced to do so.
You can join for free, learn the basic process and start making money online with the tools they are giving you. Again, nobody will force you to upgrade your membership.
It’s up to you.
Isn’t the Name a bit Sketchy?
What’s your point? Doesn’t Amazon sound like a big forest to you? Now what? Who cares!
But there must be downsides and negatives to this!
And while I consider these points very minor, I will tell you what I don’t like about Wealthy Affiliate:
- The internal member ranking system. This ranking system is the reason why a couple of members lose the focus on their websites but instead try to rank high within Wealthy Affiliate. Don’t make this mistake. Build your own website, work on your content and don’t put too much importance on the internal ranks.
- The amount of available training and knowledge resources can be overwhelming. It’s best to start your training with level 1 of the online entrepreneur certification and then walk your way through the course. You can always deep-dive into PPC advertising and other advanced forms of internet marketing later, but don’t rush into these without first having finished the basic training.
- The diversity of members. While it can be a great thing to get many different viewpoints and opinions when you have a question and need help, but sometimes it can be annoying. An example of this would be when two super affiliates and very experienced internet marketers discuss an important factor of success, all the while a newbie member steps in and tries to explain the world.
Again, I consider these cons rather minor issues, but you should be aware of these and focus on your own training progress, building your website and creating helpful content, because these are your high-value tasks.
Is There a Better Program around?
I put my name and reputation on the line for these guys. If there was a better program out there, I’d try it out immediately and tell you about it. If you can think of a better training program for affiliate marketers, please let me know in the comments below.
I haven’t found any alternative and love the community.
Honestly speaking, I don’t even know any other company in this industry that’s around and operating successful for over 13 years (and counting).
That’s like dealing with a dinosaur in this (still relatively new) world of internet marketing!
But I Don’t Know Anything About Websites!
Modern technology makes it super easy these days to start a website. It literally takes a couple of mouse clicks. Nothing fancy here.
You’ll learn inside Wealthy Affiliate all you need about writing very helpful, valuable content and how to get your website ranked on Google and Bing.
At this point all you need to understand is how the basic concept of affiliate marketing works: You help others by creating useful content and recommend products that help them.
That’s it and everyone is happy. Are we good so far?
OK, Sounds Fair! Where can I Sign Up?
I have another question that’s not addressed here
Please feel free to ask me any question in the comments section below or send me a private message through the contact form.
NOW is the Best Time to Become an Affiliate Marketer!
Why? Because every company out there has to act like a media outlet these days. If your clients can not find you, you don’t have their attention. You don’t have a chance to make a profit if you don’t have any attention. Most of the “traditional” corporations struggle to keep up with the latest changes and marketing trends.
Acquiring knowledge and getting exposure in the field of online marketing will help you tremendously, even if you choose to keep working as an employee for now.
Making experience and gaining a solid understanding of how internet marketing works and can be done efficiently will benefit you – no matter your future career choice.
But I would like to challenge you first:
Treat Affiliate Marketing as a Serious Business – Because it is!
Don’t let this “affiliate marketing thing” be just another try to make some bucks on the side. Instead, I suggest you treat this as a business and give it your best.
By no means one has to be smart to make this work. Intelligence is no requirement, instead focus on:
- good work ethic and perseverance
- consistently applying the basics
- getting back on track quickly in case life happens – shit hits the fan from time to time for all of us
- a solid training
- a supportive community
- the right tools
You bring the first three things to the table, Wealthy Affiliate provides the latter ones.
And I’ll personally kick your butt in case that’s what is needed for you to succeed at this! 😉
If I Can Make This Work, Chances Are You Can too! *lol*
Making money online is not difficult. But you’ll have it much easier than most, if you start out with a professional training and understanding of doing things the right way.
Let me know in the comments below if you have any questions. You can also just say “high five”!
Your Online Business Dude