These are my personal book notes on The Ultimate Lead Generation Plan by the author Matt Bacak.
This book already is a few years old, but I think it's very worth and valuable to study the original published materials by the best marketers of our time.
And Matt Bacak clearly is one of them.
If you like what you read here, please consider buying the book.
Let's dive in.
Table Of Contents
- Chapter 1 - Controlling Your Future
- Chapter 2 - Can You Really Help Me
- Chapter 3 - The 3 Different Types of Sites I Use
- Chapter 4 - Destroying Big Myths
- Chapter 5 - How To Create and Control Markets
- Chapter 6 - List Building and Lead Generation Exposed
- Chapter 7 - Is it better to have a big list or a small list?
- Chapter 8 - Matt’s Top 5 List Building Strategies
- Chapter 9 - Are People Really Looking For You?
- Chapter 10 - Can I Buy My Way To The Top?
- Chapter 11 - Get Free Traffic to Your Web Site
- Chapter 12 - Don’t Get It Right, Get It Going
- Closing Ideas And Magical Thoughts
- Contacting The Author
“The million-dollar skill in business is learning how to generate quality leads for your business.”
Mike Litman (From The Foreword)
Key Concepts & Ideas
It’s all about having your own list. Because your list is your goldmine!
From a sales perspective, realize that a confused mind never buys.
If you want to make a decent income, then go out and sell products and services. But if you want to become insanely rich, what you want to do is create and control markets.
What does it mean to create and control markets?
I’m talking about building your list, building your newsletter and building your e-zines. (remark: let's just call them "digital products")
I am talking about you having the ability to send out emails that make huge things happen for you.
Matt’s Top 5 List Building Strategies
- Using Joint Ventures (remark: This still seems to be his prefered method of building and expanding his lists, as he's currently launching The Secret Email System with the help of JVs/affiliates on WarriorPlus)
- Using Articles
- Search Engine Traffic (SEO)
- Press Releases
General remark: Please keep in mind this book is from 2006...
I'm sure Matt's list looks slightly different today, but
- the use of organic traffic (via SEO and content marketing) as well as
- paid traffic (via lead generation advertising/media buying) and especially
- joint ventures (with affiliates)
would very likely still be near the top of that "updated list".
The Single Most Important Take-Away From This Book Is:
Start building your list now - do not wait.
If you're not already building and growing your email list, do it right now!
Testing Is Essential. It's Critical For Getting Great Results
We test things like: Where to place things on a site, what colors work best, what words work best, and we always test headlines.
- Highly Successful People are ACTION ORIENTED.
This means they take action immediately when a good opportunity presents itself.
- Highly Successful People are EDUCATION FOCUSED.
This means that they take it upon themselves to know everything they possibly can about their field, and they learn from many different sources.
It is your responsibility to go out there and do this.
Think of the lives that you can change.
This concludes my book notes on The Ultimate Lead Generation Plan by Matt Bacak.
My book notes only covered small parts of the book, if you like what you read, please consider buying the book.
Your Online Business Dude
Hi – I’m Tim, an online marketer from Germany and the founder of Online Business Dude. I run a few websites in several niches, and here I openly share what works for me when it comes to growing online businesses and running affiliate campaigns. I believe in the value-first approach and results-focused direct marketing. My specialty is profitable media buying. That means I do a lot of advertising (driving paid traffic), lead generation, and email marketing. If you have any questions, simply let me know. 🙂 Thanks!