These are my personal book notes of The Miracle Morning by the author Hal Elrod.
Let’s dive in.
- Author: Hal Elrod
- Title: The Miracle Morning
- Subtitle: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed To Transform Your Life (Before 8AM)
- First published: 2012
- Type: non-fiction
- Genre: self help
- Author’s website: miraclemorning.com
- Rating: 5/5
- Recommended: Yes (Hell, Yeah!)
Table Of Contents Of The Book
- A Special Invitation: The Miracle Morning Community
- Introduction: My Story, and Why Yours Is The One That Matters
- 1) It’s Time To Wake Up To Your FULL Potential
- 2) The Miracle Morning Origin: Born Out of Desperation
- 3) The 95% Reality Check
- 4) Why Did YOU Wake Up This Morning?
- 5) The 5-Step Snooze-Proof Wake Up Strategy (For the Snooze-aholics)
- 6) The Life S.A.V.E.R.S. - Six Practices Guaranteed To Save You From a Life of Unfulfilled Potential
- 6.1) Life S.A.V.E.R.S. - S is for Silence
- 6.2) Life S.A.V.E.R.S. - A is for Affirmations
- 6.3) Life S.A.V.E.R.S. - V is for Visualization
- 6.4) Life S.A.V.E.R.S. - E is for Exercise
- 6.5) Life S.A.V.E.R.S. - R is for Reading
- 6.6) Life S.A.V.E.R.S. - S is for Scribing
- 7) The 6-Minute Miracle (For The Busy People)
- 8) Customizing Your Miracle Morning To Fit Your Lifestyle and Achieve Your Highest Goals & Dreams
- 9) From Unbearable To Unstoppable: The Real Secret To Forming Habits That Will Transform Your Life (In 30 Days)
- 10) The Miracle Morning 30-Day Life Transformation Challenge (and Fast Start Kit)
- An Essential Bonus: The Email That Will Change Your Life
- About the Author
Key Concepts & Ideas
No matter where you are in your life right now - whether you’re currently succeeding at the highest level you’ve ever imagined, or you’re struggling to find your way, there is at least one thing I know we have in common (probably a lot more than one, but one that I know for sure).
We Want To Improve Our Lives, And Ourselves
This is not to suggest that there is anything wrong with us or our lives, but as human beings we were born with the innate desire and drive to continuously grow and improve.
I believe it’s within all of us.
Yet, most of us wake up every day, and life pretty much stays the same.
The Miracle Morning has proven time and time again to be the one thing that can empower anyone to overcome seemingly insurmountable challenges, make major breakthroughs and turn their circumstances around, often in a very short period of time.
I Had To Take Responsibility
Instead of complaining about how things should be, I embraced how things were.
I stopped putting energy into wishing my life were any different - into wishing bad things didn’t happen to me - and instead focused 100% on making the best of what I had.
Since I couldn’t change the past, I focused on moving forward.
I dedicated my life to fulfilling my potential and achieving my dreams so I could discover how to empower others to do the same.
And, as a result of choosing to be genuinely grateful for all that I had, unconditionally accepting of all that I didn’t, and accepting total responsibility for creating all that I wanted, this potentially devastating car accident ultimately became one of the best things that ever happened to me.
If there’s one thing that I’ve learned from my car accident, it’s that there is no point in dwelling on or feeling bad about the aspects of our lives that we can’t change.
There is always a way… when you’re committed.
- Romacio Fulcher
I share my story with you to offer evidence of what can be overcome and achieved, no matter how difficult your challenges are.
If I could go from being found dead, told I would never walk again, going broke and feeling so depressed that I didn’t want to get out of bed in the morning, to creating the life of my dreams, there are no legitimate excuses for you not to overcome any limitations that have held you back from achieving everything you want for your life.
I believe it is crucial for us to embrace the perspective that anything another person has overcome or accomplished is simply evidence that anything - and I mean anything - you need to overcome or want to accomplish is possible for you, no matter what your past or current circumstances.
It begins with accepting total responsibility for every aspect of your life and refusing to blame anyone else.
The degree to which you accept responsibility for everything in your life is precisely the degree of personal power you have to change or create anything in your life.
It is important to understand that responsibility is not the same as blame.
While blame determines who is at fault for something, responsibility determines who is committed to improving things.
It really doesn’t matter who is at fault - all that matters is that you and I are committed to leaving the past in the past and making our lives exactly the way we want them to be, starting today.
Know that wherever you are in your life right now is both temporary, and exactly where you are supposed to be.
You have arrived at this moment to learn what you must learn, so you can become the person you need to be to create the life you truly want.
Even when life is difficult or challenging - especially when life is difficult and challenging - the present is always an opportunity for us to learn, grow, and become better than we’ve ever been before.
You are in the process of writing your life story, and no good story is without a hero or heroine overcoming their fair share of challenges.
In fact, the bigger the challenges, the better the story.
Since there are no restrictions and no limits to where your story goes from here, what do you want the next page to say?
The good news is that you have the ability to change - or create - anything in your life, starting right now.
I’m not saying you won’t have to work for it, but you can quickly and easily attract and create anything you want for your life by developing into the person who is capable of doing so.
“Life’s too short” is repeated often enough to be a cliché, but this time it’s true. You don’t have enough time to be both unhappy and mediocre. It’s not just pointless; it’s painful.
- Seth Godin
That’s what this book is about - helping you become the person you need to be to create everything you have ever wanted for your life.
There are no limits.
You’ve got to wake up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.
- George Horace Lorimer
The average American is 20 lbs. overweight, $10,000 in debt, slightly depressed, dislikes his or her job, and has less than one close friend.
Even if only a fraction of this statistic is true, Americans need some serious waking up.
Are you maximizing your potential and creating the levels of success that you truly want - in every area of your life?
Or are there areas of your life where you’re settling for less than you really want? Are you settling for less than you’re capable of, and then justifying that it’s okay?
Or are you ready to stop settling, so you can start living your best life - you know, the life of your dreams?
There is nothing that says you have to settle for less than you truly want, just because everybody else does.
You can become one of the few people that actually live the extraordinary life all of us deserve. Happiness. Health. Money. Freedom. Success. Love.
You Really Can Have It All
What if I told you that creating your best life - your Level 10 life - and taking your levels of success, happiness, health, and financial prosperity beyond what you have ever experienced before is not only possible, it’s simple?
What if I told you that it all starts with how you wake up in the morning, and there are small, simple steps you can start taking today that will enable you to become the person you need to be to create the levels of success you truly want and deserve - in every area of your life?
Would you get excited?
Would you even believe me?
People have been jaded.
They’ve tried everything under the sun to fix their lives, their relationships, and they’re still not where they want to be. I understand. I’ve been there.
Then, over time, I learned a few things that changed everything.
I’m offering you my hand and inviting you to the other side, the side where life is not only good, it’s extraordinary in a way we have only imagined it could be.
The Most Common, Yet Profound Benefits You Can Expect To Gain From The Miracle Morning
- Wake up every day with more energy, feeling excited and empowered with the tools to fulfill your potential.
- Immediately lower your stress levels.
- Quickly overcome any challenges, adversity or limiting beliefs that have been holding you back.
- Improve your overall health, lose weight (if desired), and get in the best physical shape of your life.
- Increase your productivity and enhance your ability to maintain laser focus on your top priorities.
- Experience more gratitude and less worry.
- Significantly increase your ability to earn and attract more monetary wealth (if desired).
- Uncover and begin living your life purpose.
- Stop settling for less than you truly desire and deserve (in any area of your life) and start living in alignment with your vision for the most extraordinary life you can imagine.
Never forget that who you are becoming is the single most important determining factor in your quality of life, now and for your future.
Desperation is the raw material of drastic change. Only those who can leave behind everything they have ever believed in can hope to escape.
- William S. Burroughs
A domino effect led to struggles in every area of my life. Physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially – you name it – I was a mess.
To make profound changes in your life, you need either inspiration or desperation.
- Anthony Robbins
I had so much fear and uncertainty that the only comfort I found each day was my own bed. As pathetic as it may sound, what got me through each day was the peace of mind from knowing I could eventually crawl into bed and temporarily escape my problems.
Thoughts of suicide circled my mind daily.
Not that I would ever have actually followed through with it.
Suicide is not only one of the most selfish decisions someone can make (as it hurts so many other people), but deep down, I knew that no matter how bad life gets, there is always a way to turn it around.
But the thoughts were still there. I just didn’t see a solution to my financial crisis. I couldn’t think of anything else that would put an end to my emotional pain.
One Single Morning, Everything Changed
I woke up feeling depressed, as I had been for weeks, but this morning I did something different. I took a friend’s advice and went on a run, to clear my head.
Now, make no mistake, I was not a runner. In fact, running for the sake of running was one of the only things I can honestly say that I despised.
However, my good friend, Jon, told me that whenever he was feeling stressed or overwhelmed, going for a run enabled him to think more clearly, lifted his spirits, and helped him come up with solutions to his problems.
I was desperate. I had nothing to lose. I was going to go for a run.
I realized this is the problem for all of us.
We all want Level 10 success, in every area of our lives - health, happiness, finances, relationships, career, spirituality, you name it - but if our levels of personal development (knowledge, experience, mindset, beliefs, etc.) in any given area are not at a Level 10, then life is always going to be a struggle.
Our outer world will always be a reflection of our inner world.
Our level of success is always going to parallel our level of personal development.
Until we dedicate time each day to developing ourselves into the person we need to be to create the life we want, success is always going to be a struggle to attain.
I knew that the solution to all of my problems was that I had to commit to making personal development a priority in my daily life.
This was the missing link that would enable me to become the person I needed to be able to consistently attract, create, and sustain the levels of success that I wanted. Simple enough.
Not to mention, by doing personal development in the morning, I wouldn’t have all of the excuses that accumulate during the day (I’m tired, I don’t have time, etc.)
If I did it in the morning, before the rest of my life and my work got in the way, I could guarantee that it happened every single day.
Every day you and I wake up, we face the same universal challenge: to overcome mediocrity and live to our full potential.
It’s the greatest challenge in human history - to rise above our excuses, do what’s right, give our best and create the Level 10 life we truly want - the one with no limits, the one so few people ever get to live.
Most people never even come close.
Approximately 95% of our society settles for far less than they want in life, wishing they had more, living with regret and never understanding that they could be, do, and have all that they want.
What can we do now to ensure that we don’t end up struggling, like the 95% majority will?
Hal Elrod On The Causes Of Mediocrity
- Rearview Mirror Syndrome
- Lack of Purpose
- Isolating Incidents
- Lack of Accountability
- Mediocre Circle of Influence
- Lack of Personal Development
- Lack of Urgency
Get clear on what you truly want, condition yourself to the belief that it’s possible by focusing on and affirming it every day, and then consistently move in the direction of your vision until it becomes your reality.
There is nothing to fear, because you cannot fail - only learn, grow, and become better than you’ve ever been before.
I decided in that moment that my life purpose for the next 12 months would be: to become the person I need to be to create the success, freedom, and quality of life that I truly want.
Keep in mind that you’re not supposed to “figure out” what your purpose is, you get to make it up, create it, decide what you want it to be.
In his bestselling book The Rhythm of Life, Matthew Kelly enlightens us to a universal life purpose that I believe we should all live by: to become the best version of ourselves.
In other words, focus on growing and being the best you can be, pursuing your dreams and inspiring others to do the same.
That’s your purpose.
Every Decision You Make Has Consequences
We must realize that the real impact and consequence of each of our choices and actions - and even our thoughts - is monumental, because every single thought, choice, and action is determining who we are becoming, which will ultimately determine the quality of our lives.
How you do anything is how you do everything.
- T. Harv Eker
Every time you choose to do the easy thing, instead of the right thing, you are shaping your identity, becoming the type of person who does what’s easy, rather than what’s right.
On the other hand, when you do choose to do the right thing and follow through with your commitments - especially when you don’t feel like it - you are developing the extraordinary discipline (which most people never develop) necessary for creating extraordinary results in your life. As my good friend, Peter Voogd, often teaches his clients: “Discipline creates lifestyle.”
If you don’t make the commitment today to start becoming the person you need to be to create the extraordinary life you really want, what makes you think tomorrow - or next week, or next month, or next year - are going to be any different? They won’t. And that’s why you must draw your line in the sand.
Your entire life changes the day that you decide you will no longer accept mediocrity for yourself.
When you realize that today is the most important day of your life.
When you decide that now matters more than any other time because it is who you are becoming each day based on the decisions that you are making and the actions that you are taking that is determining who you are going to be for the rest of your life.
Hal Elrod On Mediocrity
The possibility of mediocrity exists for everyone, because being mediocre simply means choosing - whether consciously or unconsciously - to be the same as you’ve always been.
Mediocrity has nothing to do with how you compare to other people; it’s simply a result of not making the commitment to continuously learn, grow, and improve yourself.
Whereas being extraordinary - which leads to extraordinary levels of success - is a result of choosing to learn, grow, and be just a little bit better each day than you’ve been in the past.
We’ve all experienced the pain of regret - as a result of thinking and talking ourselves into being, doing, and having less than we are capable of.
Mediocre days turn into weeks.
Weeks turn into months.
Months inevitably turn into years, and if we don’t change who we are now, our self-created fate will be a life of mediocrity and unfulfilled potential, accepting less from ourselves, and for our lives, than we truly want… and deserve.
The reality is that if we don’t change now, our life won’t change.
If we don’t get better, our life won’t get better.
And if we don’t consistently invest time into our self-improvement, our life will not improve.
Yet, most of us wake up every day and stay the same.
Your first ritual that you do during the day is the highest leveraged ritual, by far, because it has the effect of setting your mind, and setting the context, for the rest of your day.
- Eben Pagan
You Snooze, You Lose: The Truth About Waking Up
If you’re just snoozing every day until the last possible moment you have to head off to work, show up for school, or take care of your family, and then coming home and zoning out in front of the television until you go to bed (this used to be my daily routine), I’ve got to ask you:
When are you going to develop yourself into the person you need to be to create the levels of health, wealth, happiness, success, and freedom that you truly want and deserve?
When are you going to actually live your life instead of numbly going through the motions looking for every possible distraction to escape reality?
What if your reality - your life - could finally be something that you can’t wait to be conscious for?
On the other hand, when you wake up each day with passion and purpose, you join the small percentage of high achievers who are living their dreams.
Most importantly, you will be happy.
By simply changing your approach to waking up in the morning, you will literally change everything.
But don’t take my word for it - trust these famous early risers:
Oprah Winfrey, Tony Robbins, Bill Gates, Howard Schultz, Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Albert Einstein, Aristotle, and far too many more to list here.
Today Is A Great Day For Us To Give Up Who We’ve Been For Who We Can Be
There is no better day than today for us to give up who we’ve been for who we can become, and upgrade the life we’ve been living for the one we really want.
There is no better book than the one you are holding in your hands to show you how to become the person you need to be who is capable of quickly attracting, creating and sustaining the life you have always wanted.
The 5-Step Snooze-Proof Wake Up Strategy To Significantly Increase Your Wake Up Motivation Level (WUML)
- Set Your Intentions the Night Before. This is the most important step. Remember: your first thought in the morning is usually the last thought you had before bed, so take responsibility for creating genuine excitement for the next morning, every night before bed.
- Keep Your Alarm Clock Across the Room. Remember: Movement creates energy!
- Brush Your Teeth. Use an antiseptic mouthwash to add extra umph!
- Drink a Full Glass of Water. Hydrate yourself, ASAP!
- Get Dressed. Or jump in the shower.
Success is something you attract by the person you become.
- Jim Rohn
Hal Elrod’s Famous “Life S.A.V.E.R.S.” - Six Practices Guaranteed To Save You From A Life Of Unfulfilled Potential
An extraordinary life is all about daily, continuous improvements in the areas that matter most.
- Robin Sharma
Most of us live our lives on the wrong side of a huge gap in our potential, a gap which separates who we are from who we can become.
We are often frustrated with ourselves, our lack of consistent motivation, effort and results in one or more areas of life.
We spend too much time thinking about the actions we should be taking to create the results that we want, but then we don’t take those actions.
We all know what we need to do; we just don’t consistently do what we know.
Can you relate?
Your life is where your ability to create new feelings, perspectives, beliefs, and attitudes in your “inner” world lies, so that you can create or alter the circumstances, relationships, results, and anything else in the “external” realm of your life situation.
As many sages have taught us: our outer world is a reflection of our inner world.
In other words, by focusing time and effort each day on developing your P.I.E.S., and constantly becoming a better version of yourself, your life situation will inevitably - almost automatically - improve.
I can assure you that through my own transformative journey - from the depths of mediocrity, justifying my excuses and living most areas of my life somewhere in between mediocre and average, to achieving goals that at one time seemed impossible for me - your commitment to daily personal development will be as instrumental for your transformation as it was for mine.
Miracle Morning Savers:
In order to save your Level 10 life from being neglected and limited by the demands of your life situation - which ultimately leads to a life of regret, unfulfilled potential, and even mediocrity - you must prioritize and dedicate time each day to your personal development.
Enter The Miracle Morning Life S.A.V.E.R.S. - a set of six simple, life-enhancing, life-changing daily practices, each of which develops one or more of the physical, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual aspects of your life, so that you can become who you need to be to create the life you want.
Remember, when you change your inner world - your life - then your outer world - your life situation - will improve in parallel.
S - Silence
Silence is the first practice of the Life S.A.V.E.R.S. and may be one of the most significant areas for improvement for our noisy, fast-paced and over-stimulated lifestyles.
I’m referring to the life-transforming power of purposeful Silence.
“Purposeful” simply means that you are engaging in a period of Silence with a highly beneficial purpose in mind - not just for the heck of it.
As Matthew Kelly so eloquently states in his bestselling book The Rhythm of Life, “You can learn more in an hour of silence than you can in a year from books.”
That’s a powerful statement from a very wise man.
If you want to immediately reduce your stress levels, to begin each day with the kind of calm, clarity, and peace of mind that will allow you to stay focused on what’s most important in your life, and even dance on the edge of enlightenment - do the opposite of what most people do - start every morning with a period of purposeful Silence.
How Do Your Mornings Usually Begin?
- Do you invest time in centering yourself and creating an optimum state of mind to lead you through the rest of the day?
- Or do you usually wait to wake up until you’ve got something to do?
- Do the words calm, peaceful, or rejuvenating describe your average morning?
If they do, congratulations!
You’re already a step ahead of the rest of us.
How To “Practice” Silence
- Deep Breathing
Silence is one of the best ways to immediately reduce stress, while increasing your self-awareness and gaining the clarity that will allow you to maintain your focus on your goals, priorities, and what’s most important for your life, each and every day.
It’s such a peaceful, perfect way to start each day.
Try it out!
A - Affirmations
Your self-talk has dramatic influence on your level of success in every aspect of your life – confidence, health, happiness, wealth, relationships, etc.
Your affirmations are either working for or against you, depending on how you are using them.
If you don’t consciously design and choose your affirmations you are susceptible to repeating and reliving the fears, insecurities, and limitations of your past.
However, when you actively design and write out your affirmations to be in alignment with what you want to accomplish and who you need to be to accomplish it - and commit to repeating them daily (ideally out loud) - they immediately make an impression on your subconscious mind.
Your affirmations go to work to transform the way you think and feel so you can overcome your limiting beliefs and behaviors and replace them with those you need to succeed.
Unfortunately, it took me a few more years to realize that affirmations were one of the most powerful tools for transforming your life.
We’ve all been programmed - at the sub-conscious level - to think, believe, and act the way we do.
Our programming is a result of many influences, including what we have been told by others, what we have told ourselves, and all of our life experiences - both good and bad.
Some of us have programming that makes it easy for us to be happy and successful, while others - possibly the majority - have programming that makes life difficult.
The good news is that our programming can be changed or improved at any time.
We can reprogram ourselves to overcome all of our fears, insecurities, bad habits, and any self-limiting, potential-destroying beliefs and behaviors we currently have, so we can become as successful as we want to be, in any area of our lives we choose.
You can use affirmations to start programming yourself to be confident and successful in everything you do, simply by repeatedly telling yourself who you want to be, what you want to accomplish and how you are going to accomplish it.
With enough repetition, your sub-conscious mind will begin to believe what you tell it, act upon it, and eventually manifest it in your reality.
5 Simple Steps To Create Your Own Affirmations
- Step 1: What You Really Want
- Step 2: Why You Want It
- Step 3: Whom You Are Committed To Being To Create It
- Step 4: What You’re Committed To Doing To Attain It
- Step 5: Add Inspirational Quotes and Philosophies
Final Thoughts On Affirmations
- In order for your affirmations to be effective, it is important that you tap into your emotions while reading them. Mindlessly repeating a phrase over and over again, without feeling its truth, will have a minimal impact on you. You must take responsibility for generating authentic emotions and powerfully infusing those emotions into every affirmation you repeat to yourself. Have fun with it. If you’re excited about an affirmation, it doesn’t hurt to dance and shout it from the rooftops!
- It can also be beneficial to incorporate a purposeful physiology, such as reciting your affirmations while standing tall, taking deep breaths, making a fist, or exercising. Combining physical activity with affirmations is a great way to harness the power of the mind-body connection.
- Keep in mind that your affirmations will never really be a “final” draft, because you should always be updating them. As you continue to learn, grow, and evolve, so should your affirmations. When you come up with a new goal, dream, habit, or philosophy you want to integrate into your life, add it to your affirmations. When you accomplish a goal or completely integrate a new habit into your life, you might find it’s no longer necessary to focus on it every day, and thus choose to remove it from your affirmations.
- Finally, you must be consistent with reading your daily affirmations. That’s right, you must read them daily. Saying an occasional affirmation is as effective as getting an occasional workout. You won’t see any measurable results until you make them a part of your daily routine. That’s largely what The Miracle Morning 30-Day Life Transformation Challenge is all about – making each of the Life S.A.V.E.R.S. a habit so you can do them effortlessly.
- One more thing to consider: reading this book – or any book – is an affirmation to yourself. Anything you read influences your thoughts. When you consistently read positive self-improvement books and articles, you are programming your mind with the thoughts and beliefs that will support you in creating success.
V - Visualization
Visualization, also known as creative visualization or mental rehearsal, refers to the practice of seeking to generate positive results in your outer world by using your imagination to create mental pictures of specific behaviors and outcomes occurring in your life.
Frequently used by athletes to enhance their performance, visualization is the process of imagining exactly what you want to achieve or attain, and then mentally rehearsing what you’ll need to do to achieve or attain it.
3 Simple Steps For Miracle Morning Visualization
- Step 1: Get Ready (Some people like to play instrumental music in the background - such as classical or baroque - during their visualization. If you’d like to experiment with playing music, put it on with the volume relatively low. Now, sit up tall, in a comfortable position. This can be on a chair, couch, floor, etc. Breathe deeply. Close your eyes, clear your mind, and get ready to visualize.
- Step 2: Visualize What You Really Want (Visualize your major goals, deepest desires, and most exciting, would-totally-change-my-life-if-I-achieved-them dreams. See, feel, hear, touch, taste, and smell every detail of your vision. Involve all of your senses to maximize the effectiveness of your visualization. The more vivid you make your vision, the more compelled you’ll be to take the necessary actions to make it a reality.)
- Step 3: Visualize Who You Need To Be and What You Need To Do (Once you’ve created a clear mental picture of what you want, begin to visualize yourself living in total alignment with the person you need to be to achieve your vision. See yourself engaged in the positive actions you’ll need to do each day (exercising, studying, working, writing, making calls, sending emails, etc.) and make sure you see yourself enjoying the process. See yourself smiling as you’re running on that treadmill, filled with a sense of pride for your self-discipline to follow through. Picture the look of determination on your face as you confidently, persistently make those phone calls, work on that report, or finally take action and make progress on that project you’ve been putting off for far too long. Visualize your co-workers, customers, family, friends, and spouse responding to your positive demeanor and optimistic outlook.)
The greatest gift we can give to the people we love is to live to our full potential.
What does that look like for you?
What do you really want?
Forget about logic, limits, and being practical.
If you could have anything you wanted, do anything you wanted, and be anything you wanted - what would you have? What would you do? What would you be?
Final Thoughts On Visualization
In addition to reading your affirmations every morning, doing this simple visualization process every day will turbo-charge the programming of your subconscious mind for success.
You will begin to live in alignment with your ideal vision and make it a reality.
Visualizing your goals and dreams is believed by some experts to attract your visions into your life.
Whether or not you believe in the law of attraction, there are practical applications for visualization.
When you visualize what you want, you stir up emotions that lift your spirits and pull you towards your vision.
The more vividly you see what you want, and the more intensely you allow yourself to experience now the feelings you will feel once you’ve achieved your goal, the more you make the possibility of achieving it feel real.
When you visualize daily, you align your thoughts and feelings with your vision.
This makes it easier to maintain the motivation you need to continue taking the necessary actions.
Visualization can be a powerful aid to overcoming self-limiting habits such as procrastination, and to taking the actions necessary to achieve your goals.
I recommend starting with just five minutes of visualization.
However, in the next chapter I’m going to teach you how you can gain the powerful benefits of visualizing in just one minute per day.
E - Exercise
If you don’t make time for exercise, you’ll probably have to make time for illness.
- Robin Sharma
Morning exercise should be a staple in your daily rituals.
When you exercise for even a few minutes every morning it significantly boosts your energy, enhances your health, improves self-confidence and emotional well-being, and enables you to think better and concentrate longer.
Too busy for exercise?
In the next chapter, I’ll show you how to fit in a workout every day - in as little as 60 seconds.
Final Thoughts On Exercise
You know that if you want to maintain good health and increase your energy, you must exercise consistently.
That’s not news to anybody.
But it’s too easy to make excuses as to why we don’t exercise.
Two of the biggest are “I just don’t have time” and “I’m just too tired.”
There is no limit to the excuses that you can think of.
The more creative you are the more excuses you can come up with, right?
That’s the beauty of incorporating exercise into your Miracle Morning; it happens before your day wears you out, before you have a chance to get too tired, before you have an entire day to come up with new excuses for avoiding exercise.
The Miracle Morning is really a surefire way to avoid all of those excuses, and to make exercise a daily habit.
R - Reading
A person who won’t read has no advantage over one who can’t read.
- Mark Twain
Reading, the fifth practice in the Life S.A.V.E.R.S., is the fast track to transforming any area of your life.
It is one of the most immediate methods for acquiring the knowledge, ideas, and strategies you need to achieve Level 10 success in any area of your life.
The key is to learn from the experts - those who have already done what you want to do.
Don’t reinvent the wheel.
The fastest way to achieve everything you want is to model successful people who have already achieved it.
With an almost infinite amount of books available on every topic, there are no limits to the knowledge you can gain through daily reading.
A Final Thought On Reading
Begin with the end in mind.
Before you begin reading each day, ask yourself why you are reading that book - what do you want to gain from it - and keep that outcome in mind.
Take a moment to do this now by asking yourself what you want to gain from reading this book.
Are you committed to finishing it? More importantly, are you committed to implementing what you’re learning and taking action?
S - Scribing
Scribing is the final practice in the Life S.A.V.E.R.S. and is really just another word for writing, but please allow me to keep it real - I needed an ‘S’ for the end of Life S.A.V.E.R.S. because a ‘W’ wouldn’t fit anywhere.
My favorite form of Scribing is journaling, which I do for 5-10 minutes during my Miracle Morning.
By getting your thoughts out of your head and putting them in writing, you gain valuable insights you’d otherwise never see.
The Scribing element of your Miracle Morning enables you to document your insights, ideas, breakthroughs, realizations, successes, and lessons learned, as well as any areas of opportunity, personal growth, or improvement.
This process of recapturing lessons learned and making new commitments to implement those lessons aided my personal growth and development more than almost anything else.
Worthwhile Benefits Of Keeping A Daily Journal
- Gain Clarity - The process of writing something down forces us to think through it enough to understand it. Journaling will give you more clarity, allow you to brainstorm, and help you work through problems.
- Capture Ideas - Journaling helps you not only expand your ideas, but also prevents you from losing the important ideas that you may want to act on in the future.
- Review Lessons - It enables you to review all of the lessons you’ve learned.
- Acknowledge Your Progress - It’s wonderful to go back and re-read your journal entries from a year ago and see how much progress you’ve made. It’s one of the most empowering, confidence-inspiring and enjoyable experiences. It can’t really be duplicated any other way.
Writing in a journal each day, with a structured, strategic process allows you to direct your focus to what you did accomplish, what you’re grateful for, and what you’re committed to doing better tomorrow.
Thus, you more deeply enjoy your journey each day, feel good about any forward progress you made, and use a heightened level of clarity to accelerate your results.
Example 60-Minute Miracle Morning Schedule, Using The Life S.A.V.E.R.S.
- Silence (5 minutes)
- Affirmations (5 minutes)
- Visualization (5 minutes)
- Exercise (20 minutes)
- Reading (20 minutes)
- Scribing (5 minutes)
Final Thoughts On The Life S.A.V.E.R.S.
Everything is difficult before it’s easy.
Every new experience is uncomfortable before it’s comfortable.
The more you practice the Life S.A.V.E.R.S. the more natural and normal each of them will feel.
Remember that my first time meditating was almost my last, as my mind raced like a Ferrari and my thoughts bounced around uncontrollably like the silver sphere in a pinball machine.
Now, I love meditation, and while I’m no master, I’d say I’m decent at it.
Similarly, my first time doing yoga, I felt like a fish out of water.
I wasn’t flexible, couldn’t do the poses correctly, and felt awkward and uncomfortable.
Now, yoga is my favorite form of exercise, and I am so grateful that I stuck with it.
My book notes only cover small parts of the book.
So if you like what you read, please consider buying the book from the author.
Thank you for reading and stay awesome,
Tim for Online Business Dude
PS: Start Your Own, Profitable Online Business From Scratch, Step-by-Step, Today!