The priority of your online business. The most important thing when it comes to affiliate marketing and any online business is:
Owning the traffic.
This means having the ability to control your own media.
Anyone Can Drive Traffic By Buying Advertising/Media
People can drive traffic to their websites and offers by buying clicks from Facebook or Google.
Or advertising on YouTube.
That’s all great, really. I love that stuff.
But if you focus primarily on buying those clicks to generate new leads, you’ll have the ability to:
- develop a relationship with that person over time
- follow-up with that person, answer questions
- create more revenue over time from the same person by presenting new offers
- nurture the lead by providing value over time
- establish yourself as the authority and develop trust
- never have to pay again to (frequently) communicate with that person
- get clicks on demand (aka “owning the traffic”)
That’s why (email) list building has the absolute priority in my online business.
And why it should be yours, too.
Once you have the ability to get your message in front of people at will, you own the traffic.
It means that you have a platform and distribution channel to communicate with your audience.
You own the media.
If you want to send out a message tomorrow, you can do so.
This is really powerful!
I hope this helps.
Tim for Online Business Dude