These are my book notes of This Book Will Teach You How To Write Better by the author Neville Medhora.
Let’s dive in.
- Title: This Book Will Teach You How To Write Better
- Subtitle: This book is: Short. Effective. And sort of offensive. But you will write better after reading this.
- Author: Neville N. Medhora
- Author’s website: copywritingcourse.com
- First published: 2013
- Type: non fiction
- Genre: copywriting
- Rating: 4/5
- Recommended: Yes
Communication is just getting information from one brain, to another brain.
- Neville N. Medhora
Key Concepts & Ideas
The words on a page, can have an enormous impact on someone else.
Nobody cares about you.
They only care about themselves.
When people come to something new, they immediately assess if it’s useful to them.
I want you to basically remember to let people know what benefit they’re gonna get!
If you want people to listen to what you have to say, you need to be interesting.
Even if you have something interesting to say, your delivery can make people read, or run.
Write casual copy.
4 Simple Steps To Make Your Copy More Casual
- Grab your phone, or anything to record your voice. Start recording.
- Pretend you’re in that same booth having dinner with your friend.
- In your own words, between friends, explain to him why what you’re selling is so amazing.
- Stop recording, and transcribe exactly what you wrote. Err’s and Umm’s included.
The point of your copy is to get the reader to take action.
Don’t use jokes so often that they distract from the main message.
People respond to what is new, novel, or helpful.
Make it helpful, they will listen.
The All-important AIDA Formula
If there’s one good piece of advice I’d give you, it’s know your market.
It’s best to actually be your market, because then you know exactly what customers want.
Easy Headline Formula
[End result customer wants] + [Specific time period] + [Address the objections]
If it’s a difficult or expensive product, then longer is better.
If it’s a simple and cheap product, then short is fine.
Long copy is fine, so long as it’s not long-winded.
My book notes only cover small parts of the book.
So if you like what you read, please consider buying the book from the author.
Thank you for reading and stay awesome,
Tim for Online Business Dude
PS: Start And Grow Your Own, Profitable Online Business From Scratch, Step-by-Step, Today!