These are my personal book notes of Sell Like Crazy by the author Sabri Suby.
Let’s see what we can learn…
==> Start And Grow Your Own Online Business, Today! Get Instant Access Here - Price: $0.00
- Title: Sell Like Crazy
- Subtitle: How To Get As Many Clients, Customers and Sales As You Can Possibly Handle
- Author: Sabri Suby
- Author’s website: selllikecrazybook.com
- Type: non fiction
- Genre: online marketing / offer creation / sales
- Rating: 5/5
- Recommended: Yes (Hell, Yeah!)
Key Concepts And Ideas
The process Sabri describes is devided into 8 phases:
- Phase 1: Understand And Identify Your Dream Buyer
- Phase 2: Create The Perfect Bait For Your Dream Buyer
- Phase 3: Capture Leads And Get Contact Details
- Phase 4: The Godfather Strategy
- Phase 5: Traffic
- Phase 6: The Magic Lantern Technique
- Phase 7: Sales Conversion
- Phase 8: Automate And Multiply
A Wildy Successful Business
A wildly successful business is a business where:
- Customers chase you, and not the other way around.
- Predictability and consistency generate new leads, clients, and revenue.
- You speak only to highly-qualified prospects you can actually help.
- You have an automated lead-generation system that delivers new customers on demand with minimal human effort.
- You focus only on the Highly Leveraged Activities that produce revenue.
The money in business isn’t in your product or service, it’s in the selling of your product or service.
No matter what industry you’re in, once you’ve got a few team members, and you’re looking to scale your business, you’re no longer a builder, baker, or business consultant.
You’re a marketer.
The market doesn’t pay you to have the best products or service. It rewards you for solving problems.
The bigger the problem you solve, the more you will be compensated.
Revenue Producing Activities
- Writing sales copy
- Coming up with offers & promotions
- Creating sales funnels
- Shooting videos
- Doing webinars
- Scheming & plotting
Personal remark: As you can see, Sabri ticks all the boxes of the “conversion”-part of my published Income Producing Activities.
When you become a master of converting leads to clients, you can simply buy the traffic.
Because most small business owners and new solopreneurs can’t or don’t want to afford the traffic costs involved, I highly recommend you apply organic traffic-generating activities, too.
Your Number One Responsibility As A Business Owner
As the owner, your number one responsibility is to sell.
If you have a marketing and sales machine that predictably brings in hordes of new customers every day like clockwork (like this), owning a business can be phenomenal.
You must understand that all the latest shiny marketing tactics, hacks and tools being peddled will not solve the number one problem business owners face:
“How do I get more customers - and therefore more revenue?”
Without marketing, you will not have sales.
Without sales, you will not have cash flow.
And without cash flow your business will die from lack of cash, which is the oxygen to any business.
Focus On What You Can Control
Your work ethic is the only thing you can control in life.
Put in the work. Every day.
Do something you don’t want to do first thing every morning.
Challenge yourself to be uncomfortable and push past the mediocre, the laziness, and the fear.
Forge your work ethic and exercise it like a muscle. Strengthen it. Build it. Be relentless in your approach towards success.
No marketing hack, sales funnel, or software can make you successful if you’re not going to do the work.
The thing that is within your control is how hard you work.
In anything you do, to work hard takes no special talent, luck, or exceptional resources.
You simply just have to be willing to put in the work and do it.
Fall in love with the work itself, not just the result.
Learn to enjoy the excruciating pain, you must endure to be successful.
The truth is, the more successful you get, it’s what you say “no” to that makes the difference.
At any time, try to increase
- and sales
in the most effective way possible.
==> This Can Help! - Price: $0.00
Understanding Your Dream Customer
Your focus should be on intimately understanding your market and your prospects’ deepest desires, pains, fears, hopes, and dreams.
You need to know them better than any of your competitors, and then craft marketing messages that effectively communicate how you can solve these problems.
This exercise is the single most valuable activity you can do in your business.
The reality is that competition online is at an all-time high.
With the rising cost per click in Google Ads, or the competition with SEO and Facebook ads, the online marketplace is so fiercely competitive that you must have a solid strategy to convert traffic into actual leads, customers, and revenue.
The Larger Market Formula
One of the secrets to skyrocketing sales is by appealing to a larger market.
The Larger Market Formula breaks down the entire audience of buyers in any market into four key categories:
|Audience Stage & Awareness Level||% Of Total Market|
|Information Gathering Mode||17%|
|Not Problem Aware||60%|
The problem is, your competitors are going hard after that top 3%.
If you split up that 3% of easy customers between you and your competitors, you’re never going to make much money.
The real money is in the 37% of people who are saying, “I’m kinda thirsty - what should I drink?”
They are either gathering information (17%) or “problem aware” (20%).
The problem is that most people treat every lead like the 3% who are ready to buy now.
They have no systems in place to capture and nurture the other 97%.
How To Take Customers From “Just Looking” To “Shut Up And Take My Money”
To reach the 97% who aren’t ready to buy now (but could be very soon), you have to educate them.
When a prospect isn’t informed or knowledgeable on a subject, they’re in a state of uncertainty and people don’t buy in this state.
But the more they know, the more likely they are to buy.
The bonus here is, if you are the one educating them, you’re also making sure that when they hit the “buy now” stage, they’ll be likely to buy from you.
To do this, your message must be powerful, insightful, and education-based, and not simply a promotional piece about your company.
The key is to install a system that:
- Gets prospects to act
Creating Your Dream Buyer Avatar
Read and answer these 9 questions to define your dream client:
- Where does your dream buyer hang out and congregate?
- Where does your dream buyer get their information?
- What are their biggest frustrations and challenges?
- What are their hopes, dreams, and desires?
- What are their biggest fears?
- What is their preferred form of communication?
- What phrases, exact language, and vernacular do they use?
- What does a day in your dream buyer’s life look like?
- What makes them happy?
Create The Perfect Bait For Your Dream Buyer
The valuable information you’re offering here is called a High-Value Content Offer (HVCO), and it draws leads to you like moths to a flame.
HVCOs come in multiple forms:
- free reports
- cheat sheets
But the goal is always the same:
To offer your prospects incredible value, typically in the form of the solution to a problem they’re struggling with, without asking them to purchase anything in return.
In return for all the value you’re providing, all you ask for is their name and email address.
Built on the simple premise of giving before asking, value-based marketing is about offering value to your customers without asking for a sale in return.
In my business, we use this in everything we do to create goodwill in the marketplace.
Because when you deliver massive value to your prospects, you score a double whammy:
- First, your prospects thank you for the materials.
- Second, you position yourself as the trusted expert.
So while everyone else is just screaming “Buy, buy, buy!”, you’re building goodwill by showing people you could help them… by actually helping them!
What’s more, with this kind of marketing you’re speaking to people who aren’t yet ready to buy but who are curious about what you sell.
Remember - that’s a whopping 97% of prospects!
Identify your dream client’s single most pervasive and persistent hair-on-fire problem.
And then offer them the single most valuable and immediate solution.
The Godfather Strategy
Come up with the most powerful offer you can make and put it down in writing.
It should be no more than a few lines.
When you’re doing this, it’s really important to remember that no one is going to see this piece of paper except for you at the beginning.
This really gives you an opportunity to go over the top and go all out. We want that.
Make it outrageous.
Create an irresistible “god father” offer.
Irresistible offers are detailed and specific.
If the offer and the guarantee don’t keep the founder up at night, then they’re not strong enough.
A compelling offer is infinitely more powerful than a convincing argument.
The idea of a compelling offer is to remove all friction for a prospect to buy from you.
You want to reverse that risk and burden and make it an absolute no-brainer for your prospects to take you up on your offer.
The late, great Claude Hopkins wrote:
Make your offer so great that only a lunatic would refuse to buy.
- Claude Hopkins
Sabri Suby’s Google Ads Checklist
9 key questions you should be asking yourself when it comes to Google Ads or PPC campaigns:
- Am I getting more money back than I’m putting in?
- Do my keywords match search terms my market is using?
- Are my conversions increasing every month?
- Is my cost per conversion decreasing?
- Are my visitor’s needs aligned with what I’m offering?
- Does my copy demand attention and sell the click?
- Is my PPC strategy geared for sales?
- Is my tracking in place so I can determine which keywords are generating sales?
- Is my focus on EPC (earnings per click) and sales volumes?
Look at the amount of sales your ads are generating and check you’re earning the most amount of money per click that you can.
Sabri’s Facebook Ads Checklist
- Does my copy look like news and demand attention?
- Are my Facebook ads selling the click?
- Is my tracking in place so I can determine which audiences and ads are generating sales?
- Is my focus on earnings per click (EPC) and sales volume?
- Is more money coming back to me than I’m putting into Facebook ads?
- Is my copy the perfect bait for my dream buyer?
- Are my conversions increasing?
- Is my cost per conversion decreasing?
Sabri Suby’s Magic Lantern Technique
Sabri describes this technique as:
The single most powerful strategy for turning complete strangers into high-paying dream clients like clockwork.
How to put this all into action?
- You start with a traffic source. It could be Facebook, Google Ads, Instagram, or even YouTube. You buy traffic from these channels at around $2 a click or less, and send them to an opt-in page.
- This is a webpage where a customer gives you their details – email, phone number, whatever – in exchange for something valuable. Your High Value Content Offer might be a piece of information, an ebook, or something else.
- Once they’ve opted-in, they become a prospect, and you can market to them, virtually for free, using email. We find a combination of email with video generally works best.
- They download your HVCO and then get redirected to a thank-you page, which is a landing page that presents your Godfather Offer to them. This page could be straight text, video, or a combination of both that presents your irresistible Godfather Offer.
- Once the prospect clicks the button on this page to take up your offer, they are taken to a survey page where you can secure more details and arrange a call, on which you’d aim to make a sale immediately. That takes care of the 3% who are in buying mode and eager to sail through your funnel to the purchase.
- But what about the other 97%? They enter your funnel, but because they’re still undecided, they don’t take the next step to scheduling a call or purchase.
This is where it really gets interesting.
Remember I said the biggest profit opportunity online lies in the 97% of prospects who aren’t in “buy now” mode?
They are the biggest market, and marketing to them can give you a huge advantage over your competitors.
You just need to know how to treat them.
They might be right on the edge of buying but just need a little something more.
So, you engage The Magic Lantern Technique and send these fence-sitters a video sequence that teaches them something that ultimately moves them closer to their desired outcome.
This is a series of two or three videos that give them pure value.
They’re not selling anything, just giving them some value in advance and taking them closer to their desired outcome.
At the end of each video you include a call to action.
This may seem complicated, but the result of this video sequence is that you turn a good chunk of that disinterested 97% into genuine, eager buyers.
As we give them their advanced results, we move them closer to their desired outcome, and simultaneously build goodwill and trust, whilst reducing scepticism.
Sabri Suby’s Breakthrough Email Checklist
- Make sure you use a personal sender name.
- Send your emails on Tuesdays at 10 am.
- Make your subject lines are either two to four words or super long in length. Nothing in between.
- Write preheader text that burns with intrigue
- Above all, write emails that entertain, excite, and engage your readers.
- Ask yourself when sending every email: “Will this email get into the ‘P’ group (personal/primary) or die in the ‘C’ group (commercial/spam)?”
- Make your emails plain text instead of visual masterpieces.
- Talk to readers as you would your best friend.
- Make your emails about your readers — not just about yourself.
- Study the herd and do the opposite.
- Make it visceral and bring your email copy to life with specifics.
- Don’t ask them to buy, click or act. Tell them!
Bonus Video From Sabi Suby
I’ve watched a few videos from Sabi, but this one stands out and proves:
The importance of the irresisitible offer.
Having the ability to be a business builder, and a marketer at heart, is the single greatest skill you can attain.
- Sabri Suby
I hope you enjoyed my personal book notes on Sabri Suby’s fantastic work Sell Like Crazy.
These notes are by no means complete nor do they cover every concept of this great book.
So if you like what you read, consider buying the book from the author.
Thanks for reading and stay awesome,