These are my personal book notes of 6 Months to 6 Figures by the author Peter Voogd.
Let’s dive in.
- Author: Peter Voogd
- Title: 6 Months to 6 Figures
- Subtitle: The Fastest Way To Get From Where You Are To Where You Want To Be Regardless Of The Economy
- First published: 2014
- Type: non-fiction
- Genre: self help
- Author’s website: peterjvoogd.com
- Rating: 4/5
- Recommended: Yes
There are endless possibilities and more opportunities than you could even imagine for those committed to self-improvement.
- Peter Voogd
Table Of Contents Of The Book
- About The Author: Peter Voogd
- Chapter 1: The Hidden Opportunity
- Chapter 2: Mastery Vs. Information Overload
- Chapter 3: Money Matters
- Chapter 4: The 6 Steps To 6 Figures
- Chapter 5: Go Against The Grain
- Chapter 6: The Power Of Absolute Clarity
- Chapter 7: Your Most Important Account
- Chapter 8: Shifting Your Circle Of Influence
- Chapter 9: Consistent Energy & Motivation
- Chapter 10: Peak Performance Secrets Of The World’s Greatest
- Chapter 11: Crafting The Perfect Results Rituals
- Chapter 12: Continual Growth & Learning
- Chapter 13: Now Matters
- Chapter 14: I Challenge You!
- The 30 Day Challenge
Key Concepts & Ideas
You’re either building your dreams, or helping someone else build theirs.
Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, maybe you should set up a life you don’t need to escape from.
- Seth Godin
I wanted to design my future; I wanted my income to be based on my hustle, work ethic, and potential, not age, time on the job, or what others thought I was worth.
If you’re currently in a position you hate, in a position that doesn’t play to your talents and gifts, and you’re trying to figure out what’s next for you, this book will help.
Let me ask you a couple questions first.
- How serious are you about building your dreams?
- How serious are you about living an exceptional lifestyle?
- How serious are you about creating your first six figure income?
There is only one real success, to be able to live your life your way on your terms.
I’m not saying it will be easy, i’m saying it’s worth it.
Embrace those tough times, because that’s when your real hunger for success is developed.
When we are no longer able to change the situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
- Victor Frankl
People don’t get more valuable hanging around for years; age isn’t value.
You get paid for bringing value to the marketplace, and if you’re not very valuable you don’t make much money.
- Jim Rohn
Skills are valuable, needs are not.
The marketplace is only interested in what you can do that is of value.
Learn to work harder on yourself than you do on your job. If you work hard on your job you can make a living, but if you work hard on yourself you’ll make a fortune.
- Jim Rohn
You don’t need to go to work on the economy, you don’t need to change your company, the government, your boss, or your circumstances.
You need to go to work on yourself.
If you change, everything will change for you.
Learn to see the value of time because, with time, anything can be accomplished.
If you want to take your business or income to the next level, you need to make growth a part of your daily agenda.
Places Where You Will Find Opporotunities To Increase Your Value
- Expertise: Study your industry, learn from your competitors.
- Productivity: What and how much you get done.
- Efficiency: How you get done what you get done.
- Multiplication: Getting things done by means other than manual labor.
- Influence: What you can persuade others to get done.
- Celebrity Status: How well you are known by your target audience.
- Reputation: What others know and think about you.
- Vision: What you see that others don’t.
- Personality: How you treat others and how well you connect.
- Attitude: Your attitude towards yourself and towards others.
- Awareness: Knowing your strengths and what you’re the best at.
- Masterminding: Surrounding yourself with those you can learn from.
There are no limits to your success as an entrepreneur when you commit to growing and becoming more valuable.
[…] the power lies in how fast you can implement the right information into your daily routines.
Mastery is one of the highest forms of performance and success.
It’s more about focus than intelligence.
Action is the only thing that will ultimately determine your success.
Mastery is a new form of learning and I challenge you to adopt it into your current lifestyle.
If you have more than three priorities, you don’t have any.
- Jim Collins
Sadly, most people will operate on information overload instead of mastery, and continue to be overwhelmed.
Or even worse, they learn just enough to get by and stop learning.
Let others overload themselves with information while you commit to mastery.
I can assure you that lifestyle, legacy, and loving what you do are more important than income, but it takes income to make that happen.
As the excuses go up, the bank account goes down.
The moment you take responsibility for everything in your life, is the moment you can change anything in your life.
- Hal Elrod
The difference between ordinary income and extraordinary income is fast implementation.
I made the decision that ultimately changed my life.
To never give up and figure this entrepreneur thing out.
That hunger drove me to immerse myself in personal development, business, and achievement.
I decided to keep working at it and make it work.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only option you have.
Take your time […], and focus on mastery and implementation.
More importantly, take consistent action.
The 6 Musts To Your First (or Next) 6 Figures
- Absolute Clarity
- Increasing Your Confidence Account
- Shifting Your Circle of Influence
- Consistent Energy and Motivation (Inner Drive)
- Creating Intentional Result Rituals
- Continually Focusing on Growth and Learning
Reflecting back to the lowest points in my life, I realized I wasn’t taking full responsibility for anything.
I was playing the victim role.
I needed to change myself, my attitude, my perspective, and my intentions.
Obsession is the hallmark of genius:
Don’t try to be great at fifty things.
Be obsessed about the few things that can really move your life and business forward.
It’s not what you do when you’re on top that makes you a great leader, it’s what you do when you are on the bottom that determines your leadership ability.
- John Maxwell
I saw other entrepreneurs get pumped about new goals and achievements, and they would charge out of the gate with excitement, but they never stayed consistent.
I made a commitment to consistency and that gave me a competitive edge.
There is nothing that brings you energy and confidence like progressing towards your goals.
If you really want success, and you don’t have any mentors or guidance, you can get a head start by looking at what everybody else is doing and do the opposite.
- Earl Nightingale
Peter Voogd On Most People’s Behavior
- Most people over eat and eat based on pleasure versus health
- Most people don’t have enough energy to go after their dreams and goals
- Most people sleep in and have no morning routine
- Most people make excuses instead of progress
- Most people focus on the negative vs. the positive
- Most people spend more money than they make
- Most people talk about success vs. take action
- Most people go to college, go into debt, and get an unrelated job afterwards
- Most people pray for weekends and hate Mondays
- Most people sell themselves short
- Most people associate with people who let them off the hook versus hold them accountable
One way to be outstanding and become more valuable is to do what others are unwilling to do.
I’d rather go broke building my dreams, than just get by living somebody else’s.
It’s one thing to say you’re different, but it’s another to think, act, and actually live differently.
For me, when I hit rock bottom, I knew two things, and that’s all I needed in order to make a change.
- I hated being broke and never wanted money problems ever again.
- I knew I didn’t want to settle for a normal job or work for somebody else.
Sometimes you must realize what’s too hard for others is just right for you.
I was in so much pain, I decided to change and take different action.
I’m always asking myself if my actions reflect the quality of the person I want to be and can be.
One of the most defining choices you can make in your entire life is deciding what kind of person you will be on a daily basis.
Reasons always come first, results come second.
Are you 100% clear on why you are doing what you’re doing?
If not, what can you do today to gain more clarity?
Now when you’re reminded of your goals, you must ask yourself often, “am I thinking and acting like the person I need to in order to achieve those goals?”
Where does confidence come from?
It comes from self-esteem and self-esteem comes from doing the things you know you should do when you know you should do them whether you feel like it or not.
Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you won’t do anything with it.
- Scott Peck
I have personally seen […] excuses ruin businesses, relationships, and bank accounts.
One of the biggest ways to build your self-esteem is to do what you say you’re going to do.
When you make the decision first and follow through on that decision, you feel amazing.
Doing this is not easy.
If it were easy, the 95% would be doing it.
If you want to reach greatness and blow your competitors out the water, you must focus on consistent progress and compare yourself to how you did the week before.
When you make your competition the person in the mirror, you’ll succeed every time.
Obsessive consistency sends a signal to my mind to focus and deliver serious results.
- Stephen King
Habits will always trump inspiration.
Do you have routines that ensure you’re improving your habits, making progress, and getting results?
My book notes only cover small parts of the book.
So if you like what you read, please consider buying the book from the author.
Thank you for reading and stay awesome,
Tim for Online Business Dude
PS: Start Your Own, Profitable Online Business From Scratch, Step-by-Step, Today!